Actives: Boswellic acids
About: Also known as Indian frankincense, it is extracted from the resin of the Boswellia serrata tree, native to the dry mountainous regions of India, Northern Africa and the Middle East. Traditionally used in the Ayurvedic system of medicine as an anti-arthritic, astringent, stimulant, and expectorant. Today, it is recognized for its properties to help limit inflammation and to improve joint health*
Health benefit categories:
- Bone, joint & muscle health
MOA: Boswellic acids inhibit 5-Lipoxygenase enzyme activity and leukotriene formation blocking the formation of inflammation mediators and release of matric metalloproteinases, helping to promote joint health.
The advantage of OmniActive’s Boswellia serrata:
- 100% natural, ethanol-extracted, non-GMO, Kosher, Halal
- Manufactured in an NSF certified GMP and GFSI-BRC Food Safety certified facility
- Source: Gum/oleoresin from Boswellia serrata
- Strength: 65% Boswellic acid
- Shelf life: 3 years
- Solubility: Insoluble in water
- Dosage: 300-400 mg two to three times a day
- Available in powder and gradual forms for tablets and capsules
- Want to differentiate in a crowded marketplace? Ask us how OmniActive’s science, regulatory, and marketing expertise can help grow your business.