Actives: Boswellic acids
About: Also known as Indian frankincense, boswellia comes from a flowering tree and shrub, native to tropical regions of Africa and Asia and is well-known for its properties linked with addressing discomfort, stiffness, swelling, and mobility associated with joint issues.
Health benefit categories:
- Bone, joint & muscle health
MOA: Boswellic acids inhibit 5-Lipoxygenase enzyme activity and leukotriene formation blocking the formation of inflammation mediators and release of matric metalloproteinases promoting antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects.
The advantage of OmniActive’s boswellia serrata:
- Allergen free
- Meets EC guideline requirements for pesticide residue and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon residue
- Has less than 100 ppm of methyl eugenol and methyl chavicol
- Extracted only from Indian salai guggul, Boswellia serrata
- Chromium-free AKBA purification process
- Consistent in HPLC chemical profile of beta-boswellic acids
- Want to differentiate in a crowded marketplace? Ask us how OmniActive’s science, regulatory, and marketing expertise can help grow your business.